25 February, 2010

I am really proud of my children.

They are making significant changes in their dietary choices... Giving up diet sodas, choosing more fruits and vegetables, and actually releasing the extra pounds they have been carrying for a long time. And the spouses are on board with them, which is great... And they are all feeling really good. This makes me really, really happy -- for me, yes, but more for them.

I have been on this path for almost three years now, and I need to apologize for the times when I have been overbearing, overzealous, and a total jerk about diet (or anything else, for that matter).

Each of us have to grow at our own pace, and make improvements in our own ways. If we can help each other on the way it is wonderful. I am continuing on my way, and growing and learning and changing all the time. If I can share the things I have learned, so much the better. If no one is interested, so be it. But I have found that "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear." (Confucius, I think) I can be both, in a way, and so can you. We are here to help each other, and I would like to learn from you, too. Words of Wisdom. We are never too old to learn and grow and change. It is what life is all about, and we will continue to do so long after we leave this plane of existence.

I love you all; keep up the good work.

Grawma Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog & while I see you don't post much it's always nice to 'meet' another raw diet convert. I found you from my recent post on fbook saying that I was going to do a Juice Feast - I'm also a Nuriche distributor & someone gave me the link about not needing to do raw foods & juicing if you take Nuriche {& presumably stay on the SAD diet? lol} - obviously this person doesn't know what a juice feast is. lol. Anyway, I saw your comment there & here I am. My mom is a type II diabetic & I'm trying to convert her to a way less processed diet. They were just here recently & I had her down to a 75 one day. lol. She freaked a bit. She was taking insulin at the time & still is... I don't remember the numbers but it's a lot of units. They will move here in about 18 mo. & I hope I'll be able to convince her more. This trial run while they were here was a vegetarian diet, not even really truly raw & it helped tremendously. Can't wait to see what more raw will do! :)
    Anyway, it's always nice to meet a fellow raw/rawer person! Keep it up & take care.
    Live Peacefully,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete